Monday, March 18, 2013

Tattered Florals and New Inspiration

This past weekend I was very fortunate to attend a fabulous retreat hosted by Lorrie Strebel.  A wonderful person whom I've know for about 5 years now. She puts on a amazing retreat. 30 something crafters attended a weekend of creativity, sharing and general appreciation for each others creative talents.  I wish I could do this every day!

As I prepped for the weekend I stumbled upon a challenge by the super talented Tim Holtz.  All I needed was his Tattered Florals die and lucky me, I already had it.  I knew I wanted to challenge myself with altered canvas and what better way to get started than with flowers.  I mean who doesn't appreciate flowers in one way or another.

So here we are.  I'm quite proud of this beauty, she was my third canvas that I created this past weekend.  I call it "Garden of Love" because I put a lot of love into this canvas.  I'm a huge "Tim" fan and anyone who knows me is very aware of that .. ha ha.  I find so much inspiration each time I use his products and I used quite a few on this.

1. Tattered Florals die
2. Frayed Burlap and Weathered wood distress ink pad.
3. Grunge paper
4. Paper from his resist Kraft paper pad
5. Alcohol inks
6. Weathered wood distress stain




 
The canvas size is 12 inches wide by 16 inches high.
 
I used quite a few other products including:
1. Miscellaneous metal embellishments (Ebay and Dime store emporium) The metal flowers were embossed with a few different embossing powders to cover up their aged gold appearance.
2. Felt
3. Adhesive back cork board
4. Burlap (Michaels)
5. Teresa Collins paper (Background)
6. Texturized acrylic to create "Garden" combined with teal acrylic paint.
7. Value store gems/bling

I pretty much took anything and everything I had in my stash and used it on this project.  If you would like details on any of the flowers please let me know.  I would love to post specifics of all the products I used by this blog would be really really long if I did :)

I'm looking forward to growing my talents in altered canvas.




4 comments:

  1. wow this is beautiful
    xoxo BA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you .. it was a lot of fun to work on.

      Delete
  2. You did a lot of work. Love how the flowers curve down.
    Take a peek at my Tattered Floral entries:
    Rose Box - http://eridoodle.blogspot.com/2013/03/tattered-florals-vintage-rose-box.html
    and
    Lunch Bag rose - http://eridoodle.blogspot.com/2013/02/tim-holtz-tattered-florals-die-challenge.html

    Best of luck in the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals challenge.
    -Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Pam. It took about 17 hours start to finish but I was lucky to be able to focus on this alone when I was at a scrapbook retreat. Had a look at your projects and I love them both but really loved the lunch bag rose. Beautiful work

    ReplyDelete