Friday, September 18, 2015

Fall'ing for minis

Fall is definitely within our reach! Cooler nights, leaves changing colour and more time to spend in my craft corner! Woo hoo!! I love summer but fall is just so beautiful and it gives me even more of an excuse to spend time in my craft corner! 

Today's project was inspired by the amazing Hero Arts. 


I recently purchased the Lia Build a Wreath Hero Arts stamp set from one of my favorite stores, Memories and More. It's so adorable! So many tiny little stamps that have so much possibility.

  

I started out by cutting a piece of heavyweight watercolor paper using my Avery-Elle Double pierced rectangular dies. These are my new favorites!


I very lightly traced a circle into my paper to use as a template for my wreath. I inked and stamped one stamp at a time onto my circle. In total I used 7 stamps from the set. I stamped each stamp 5 times in random angles around the circle.  For colour I used my Tim Holtz Distress markers to ink the stamps. I inked and then stamped quite quickly so that the ink didn't dry on the stamp. Here are the colours I used. Plus I also used Fossilized Amber for a little pop of brightness (not shown)


Once the wreath was complete I added the bird to the bottom of the wreath. I stamped it three times using a different color each time. As a final touch I used my Hero Arts mini wood stamp - Hello and added Liquid Pearls in Garnet to emphasize the berries.



I hope you've enjoyed my short and sweet tutorial. Happy Friday.

Michelle






 

No comments:

Post a Comment