Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Pinterest inspiration

Hi my name is Michelle and I am a Pinaholic. I love to pin things on Pinterest!! 

A cute little tag popped into my Pin feed and I just had to make it. I mean who doesn't love a little snow on their Christmas project right? The pin came from blogger "justmeprints" on blogger. Thank you Elena for the great project!

I was attracted to the simplicity of the design and of course the Kraft factor. Kraft paper to me is the cats meow!! Such a great base for just about any project. 

Here is my project. 


Here's how it came together.

I started off by cutting a piece of Kraft paper using my Avery-Elle Double Pierced rectangle die (second to largest die). Then I used my Simon Says Stamp snowfall stencil and added the flakes in the background. For this I used Artists Loft modelling paste over the stencil. I like it because it dries quick and has a really nice texture. Put aside to dry.

Next I took my Memory Box "Stitched Holly Leaves" die and cut out multiples of the holly leaves in Vellum. Using a plain red card stock I cut out multiples of the berries as well. 

Once the paste was dry I embossed the Stampin Up "Peace" word onto my Kraft paper. This stamp is from their "Wonderful Words II" stamp set. The embossing powder I used is called "green metallic sparkle". Unfortunately this company is no longer in business but for a similar powder you could use Stampendous "Aqua tinsel" sparkly embossing powder.  I inked up my stamp with Versamark and stamped it onto the bottom of my cut out, added the embossing powder over the stamped image and applied heat with my heat tool. 

Around the edges of the cut out I applied Distress "frayed burlap" using my sponge tool. 

To have a spot to tie my twine through I just punched a hole through the top.

Adding my holly and berries I used my Sakura 3D Laquer but you can use any kind of adhesive such as Tombow multi
Mono glue or Glossy accents. Apply a little Stickles in Ruby Sluppers on the berries and put aside to dry. 

Finally take a bit of bakers twine and tie a bow at the top using the punched hole as your anchor. Apply pop dots to the back of your embellished paper and apply to a blank Kraft card. The cards I used are 4 x 5.5 inches. 

Have a great day!

Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment