Thursday, February 11, 2016

Thankful Thursday

Greetings, thanks for popping by.

So today I am thankful because today is actually my Friday. I'm off work for four full days! I love four day weekends!!!



Today's post is somewhat a continuation of my yesterday's project. When I stencilled my card it created a fabulous negative stencil for me to use on another piece of paper. All I had to do was take my dampened stencil and flip it over onto another piece of paper. I love to make sure I'm making good use out of all my ink. Here is the negative image I was left with. So pretty right!! I love that watercolory look.


I put that aside and let it dry. Once dried I trimmed it down so it would fit on the front of my card.  I took my Tim Holtz scribble heart and die cut the shape out of my piece of inked paper. Then I also cut out a scribble heart from a red piece of cardstock. My go to basic paper is from the Recollections line at Michaels. Great value and a great selection of colours.


Next up I cut out the letters from the same red piece of card stock with the exception of the "u", I cut that out of Tim Holtz deco paper. I used MFT die-nam ices Stitched Letters to cut these out. I cut out a small piece of the gold deco paper to fit behind the red heart. This piece I mounted directly onto the card base. Then I put foam adhesive on the back of the Watercolor piece and adhered that down to the card. I added a little bit of a Ranger multi medium matte to the back of the red scribble heart and placed that into the opening. 

For the LUV letters I also cut these out of a thin foam so I could pop them up. I glued the foam to the letter with Sookwang tape. Love it for stuff I really want to stick. Then I glued it down to the card. Next I placed the U but found something was missing so I took my distress markers and added a bit of outline around the letter. Lastly I used my Watercolor brush to blend out the marker a little bit. 

That's my project for today. Happy Friday 😉 




No comments:

Post a Comment