Monday, February 8, 2016

The Daily Marker 30 day challenge - Week 1 recap (Day 1)

Hi everyone Michelle here with my Week 1 ( Day 1) recap of The Daily Marker 30 day challenge.

www.thedailymarker.com

I heard about this great challenge through the creative "grapevine"! For Kathy this is her 4th time challenging all of us artists to "colour something each day for 30 days". I jumped on board right away because to be honest, I was in a bit of a creative slump! Before Christmas I was a card making machine and created about 100 cards in order to get ready for the annual Christmas craft fairs. Each one made from scratch and while I love love what I do it was a bit on the hectic side. Glue this, colour that, blend this, erase that ... Repeat, repeat, repeat LOL! So I took a bit of a break and just like that, "Voila" Kathys challenge appeared. Perfect timing!!! It was meant to be. 

So here is a recap and supply list of my products used on Day 1. Day 2 to follow.

Day 1 - Mahalo


Layer 1 & 2 - background paper ** Michaels recollections basic paper (open stock)
Layer 3 - blue sky ** Strathmore (yellowbook)  Watercolor paper, Tim Holtz Distress Ink/Blending tool - Salty Ocean and Blueprint sketch. I cut a cloud shape out of scrap paper and inked over the shape to create a sky like background. 
Layer 4 - watercolored frame ** Stratmore (yellowbook) Watercolor paper, Avery-Elle stitched rectangle die (to cut out frame), Tim Holtz distress markers - Seedless preserves, Twisted citron, watercolour brush to blend colours. Just draw on the paper with the marker and then blend out with the Watercolor brush.
Layer 5 - characters ** My Favorite Things Polynesian Paradise stamp and die sets, Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black, Tim Holtz Distress Markers in : (Seedless preserves, Dusty Concord, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Picked Raspberry, Twisted Citron), Martha Stewart glitter.



No comments:

Post a Comment