Friday, April 29, 2016

Day 2 - Online Card Classes "Clear & Sheer"

Welcome everyone to my Day 2 post from my Online Card Classes "Clear & Sheer" adventures.

Today we saw some amazing video's around taking vellum to a new level by dry embossing it, coloring it, using it to mute a busy background and making envelopes with it.  All great ideas that I will definitely take away with me on my creative vellum journey.

My take on Day 2 was to use my Zig Emboss Writer pen to highlight the gorgeous pattern on my paper underneath the vellum.  While the vellum mutes the background the gold embossing highlights the areas you want it to.  That is what I love about using an embossing pen.  You literally draw where you want, add powder, heat the powder and voila!  Instant embossing highlights how and where you want them.






Background paper
Supplies List:Simple Stories - So Fancy patterned paper and hello flag base.Recollection - Vellum and card baseRanger - Queens Gold embossing powderMay Arts - Gold edge pink ribbonPrima - Crystal gem/gold wireZig - Emboss it writing pen (LOVE LOVE and a must have)Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. This caught my eye in the gallery - it is beautiful :) I love the way you have used the pattern of the paper that is behind the vellum layer.

    ReplyDelete